2020 will not be a year we soon forget despite every effort we may make to do just that.
Nevertheless, as we approach Thanksgiving and the holiday season, there is so much for which I am thankful.
I will create a list, maybe a top ten ala David Letterman but first a few acknowledgments.
COVID is still with us and has accounted for the death of nearly 260,000 Americans.
We can all blame our politicians and call them incompetent cowards, and we can all fight among ourselves, challenging how you supported a traitor or a socialist or a racist, etc., etc., etc. This ability to disagree so vociferously is something for which we can all be thankful. But, at least for Thanksgiving, let’s promise to be genuinely grateful for living in a beautiful country that struggles at times but not enough for us to want to be anywhere else.
Ok, now to my:
TOP TEN THINGS FOR WHICH I AM THANKFUL
10. The Jet’s season is almost over.
9. It’s finally in the 70s in Florida.
8. I never got jet lag because my trip to England and Ireland was canceled.
7. I got my Starbucks Holiday Blend.
6. I have enough Christmas Ale to get me through St. Patrick’s Day.
5. Eileen and I will be wintering in The Bronx…not sure of the dates as yet.
4. Love has conquered sheltering in place and COVID fatigue and paranoia.
3. All my friends and family have remained healthy.
2. We will be celebrating the holidays with our kids in March. A little delay is all.
1. Eileen and I will be grandparents in a couple of weeks, so in the end, 2020 will be remembered as a great year.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!